GET YOUR INTERVIEW!
We're now conducting interviews for those who expressed interest in helping us - see more information in your messages

Arma Roleplay is now closed...

We just released an announcement on http://ehproject.xyz/news.php

You may access your messages below if you're interested in helping us create our new project.

Our TeamSpeak is still up: ts3.arma-roleplay.com

Staff Chat
Community Update | Arma Roleplay

Community Update

Discussion in 'Homepage News' started by Ellis, Nov 10, 2017.

1. #1 Ellis, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Hello again everybody,

As promised, it's time for another update on the status of the community and server.

I hope that by the end of this update you'll have a rough idea as to when we plan on releasing our new server update, and what work we have left to do.

Map Changes
    In the last update I wrote, I mentioned that Smurks, the creator of Elaine County, would be customizing his map for our purposes, and to make it resemble Emita County a bit more. Since then, we have communicated on several occasions and he now informs me the changes to the map are now complete, adding a civilian spawn, Emita castle, and other features. Smurks is on vacation right now so we're still to obtain the map, and once we do we can begin moving the current mission file to match the new map.

Content Changes
    Over the last month we continued our development on server changes, both content and appearance wise. An example of this would be our new arresting menu interface, see them here:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    We'll be changing the text to "Elaine".

In addition to this, as suggested on our previous server version, we have now implemented a basic version of the "Police Purchasable Loadout", where officers are given the option to buy the basic kit when they spawn, making it easier for them to obtain their loadout.

We also know why the HUD in the top right (weapon firing mode/current weapon/remaining mags) was not showing and this will be rectified in the next mod pack update (see below for more info).

Content for gameplay is currently being developed, and information on this can be seen by Subscribers during development, public information will be made available close to completion/release.

Punishment Guide, Rules & Balancing Issues
    The system in the way we punish our rulebreakers has now been set up, and you can see the public document on our new staff punishment guide here - please note we're open to criticism and this has not yet been implemented but is our plan:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AUujmcVlGRn3J6Vus_hNq_qKoNSkHLYfC1jT0EtBf_4/edit?usp=sharing

Moreover, we have now re-formatted our rules (previously were unformatted due to a website transfer issue), and can be found on our rules page. The rules have not yet been adjusted, however.

In regards to the upcoming rule changes and balancing issues, we will be asking some members for their opinion on the previous police & civilian weapon balancing, and to help with this we may arrange a focus group at some point to help gain more insight. If you would be interested in sharing your opinion on the server's past gameplay, we will soon be releasing a form where you can submit your name, and from there it is likely you will be approached

Financial Status
    In preparation for launch, we will be trying out a new host where we have been assured they have high-quality servers and brilliant DDoS protection. However, this comes at a cost and our funding is now becoming very scarce.

To see us through a successful launch, it is likely we will be requiring a further $150 to help us pay off development costs & buy the new server box.

If you'd like to help us fund this adventure, everyone that donates any amount on this link:
    http://forums.arma-roleplay.com/donate

Will receive:
    Access to the server 3 hours before everyone else, allowing you to gear up before everyone else.
    Subscriber for 1 month (read features here)

At this point, you're probably wondering how long we're looking at before release. Well, I can't say for sure, but an educated guess would suggest that our trailer will be released by the end of this month.

We will release the server roughly 7 days after the video has been released.

And finally, to end on a further good note, we're proud to announce Samuel as October's Staff Member of the Month, for everything he has given AR so far.

More news will come this month. Subscribers receive updates twice a week.

Kind regards,
    Arma Roleplay Team

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Proud to be elected as October's Staff Of The Month. Won't let you guys down :)
    Also excited to see the server come back! As a Staff Member I should say we are all working hard on making it as fast as possible, we know you members are excited and impatient too :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. rip arrest interface lol, plz send?

4. Is that extra 3 hours automatically given to subscribers, or is that an extra donation?

5. I didn't read I just subscribed ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 Ellis, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Subscribers get access to the server whilst it is being developed (at certain times), but by default do not get 3 hours head-start before release - unless they donate on here for this month: http://forums.arma-roleplay.com/donate

7. How much would the donation need to be?

8. I believe that deal is now currently over as we're now in December and that post was from November.

9. I was under the impression it was any amount.

10. @Ellis what's the amount?

Cheers mate
    -Terry

11. Minimum $2 in December.