I'm THIS close to leaving.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oliver Moore, Feb 10, 2018.

1. To start, this is just anecdotal evidence, but I'm sure almost every officer on this server will agree with me when I say that gangs are out of control.

Today, we had a pursuit. A BMW. One would think that such a pursuit wouldn't end in a massive shootout with officers being shot at with automatic weapons from all sides, but it did. Not 15 minutes earlier, guess what? Another situation, with the same gang happened. We were pursuing another vehicle, he hopped out on foot and ran into an apartment, we initiated on him and were immediately killed. This is just being on for half an hour.

In the past few days that I have been on cop, I have only seen situations that ended with the police force being completely fucked over by automatic rifle-wielding, Level III armor-carrying, BDU-wearing, cop-baiting civilians who, instead of role-playing a proper gang who are trying to keep a low profile, are acting like a nation's invading force practicing Blitzkrieg.

The definition of insanity is doing the exact same fucking thing over and over again, and expecting different results. This server represents that proverb well.

• Like Like x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Gangs are just getting more buffed. They can now save police cars and buy ammo for their stolen cop guns. LOL. Nothing is going to change. This is a wasteland more than a county.

Police winning shootouts is hard. We can't shoot at gang vehicles that are literally just driving around us and then they get desync advantage and can jump out whenever. So, we not only have to fight the people shooting us but also the gang backup coming from the woods.

Oh yeah, and if a gang steals a police vehicle we have to go up to them and nicely ask them for it back. If not, we can't shoot them.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. I totally agree with this, at the moment i am not even able to do any training or stay inside DOC because i am always needed to respond and help every officer who is getting shot at.. Its getting out of control since we have had this new update, and it needs to be sorted by either a few new rules being implemented or it being removed and everyone in the staff team have a big talk with the community. I am on the edge of leaving because of this too.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. I don't want my gang to be in situations 24/7 and if you think our gang does that's just bs, although saying that if PD is pulling over one of our guys and they're wanted and or have illegal items on them then we will try to escape and at times with your numbers as much as ours it's hard to escape so it does end up most of the time with A) either you shooting out are wheels/declaring us code red or a collision happening in which it's every man for themselves. I do agree tho and me and my gang are more than open to new rules being implemented.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Instead of saying the situation is bad, give examples of how to improve the situation.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well there is never much what can be said on these threads...

since we have launched this map we have been trying as hard as we can to deal with any issues what people might be having with suggestions putting forward to us to get implemented which to this date we have shown everyone that we do listen and try to get the issues sorted by suggestion being implemented ect.

Now with your current issues you may have Oliver and even anyone who might have issues then I strongly suggestion approaching my self with some suggestions in which im sure you will have what will make a difference or could improve things and if we are not on the same time please feel free to message me instead.

The whole point im getting at is yes your upset but give us some suggestions or what exactly you believe is causing things because if this is going to be a post to have a rant without no suggestions ect then it aint going to help anyone. I cannot say much more than what i have but be constructive in what your saying with suggestions.

^In extension, also consider that the upcoming updates will put more and more focus on gang areas, increasing gang vs gang.

• Like Like x 1
  7. We have decided to put the Cop Ammo Shop on hold.

Its purpose will be reviewed again before we attempt to release it.

• Like Like x 4
  8. i dont know about how other gangs are but least for the ducks we always try tuning before a shoot out. but when you have 10+ cops behind you cant run forever

• Like Like x 1
  9. I have submitted the below suggestions. I have been told by senior staff before to not post suggestions in the general discussion, but since you've thought that I haven't suggested a way to fix the problem, here's evidence to prove you wrong.

I believe that the below changes should at least be tested for a period of time to see how they affect roleplay.

1. Remove the ability for civilians to make/buy Level III armor. Level III armor should not be able to be procured by civilians unless they rob an officer or SIS agent for their gear. This will somewhat force civilians to outsmart the police instead of clashing head-on with them, and winning. To add on to this, make Level I the norm, and make Level II available to be made/bought the same way Level III armor is now.
    2. Remove the ability for civilians to make/buy 5.56mm assault rifles. Civilians should only be able to obtain assault rifles by robbing officers or SIS. This will encourage gangs to use assault rifles for important situations such as a bank robbery, and influence pistol and SMG use a lot more.
    3. Reword rule 7.0.7 to fit the above rules.
    4. Disallow more than 6 gang members on at one time. Gang members should not be able to fight the police force head-on and win, and with the recent change of a maximum of 5 SIS on at one time, this would balance roleplay a bit more.
    5. Introduce a rule that would make it so that in order for a civilian to kill an officer, he must attempt to escape/evade (possibly for a period of time first), and exhaust all options before doing so. This would disallow instant killing upon initiation.
    6. Introduce a rule that would allow for any person to defend themselves if a weapon is being pointed at them (anecdotal evidence: during a pursuit, the suspect wrecked their vehicle, pointed their weapon at officers, was shot by officers without either party initiating, and the officers were taken to support for not initiating).
    7. Actually punish people for breaking the rules. I was killed by a gang member who did not have the same last name as the gang, nor the gang tags, and he was let off with a slap on the wrist. If punishments are actually happening, actually notify the accusing party that something actually happened, and it won't feel like people aren't being punished.
    8. Remove BDU uniforms from the civilian side completely. We don't need gangs to look like a nation's invading force.
    9. Remove the ability for police cars to be saved.
    10. Create a way so that an when an officer dies, their gun does not drop on the ground. This makes it so that to obtain such a firearm, civilians must rob the officer alive, instead of just killing them and effortlessly taking their weapon. This encourages roleplay over gun fights.

• Like Like x 12
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. + fucking million

• Like Like x 4
  11. Has anyone actually gone on any other servers and seen how gang vs cops are balanced?

It seems like we are going around in circles.

We release a new map or revamped mode, servers fills, gangs start running, cops start getting shot more, complaints on how things are OP start flowing, OP stuff is taken out or prices put up, server pop declines to the AR followers and large gangs leading to a large gang vs cops with a few civs thrown into the mix and here we are now, SMT scrambling over what do to now, reduce weapons and armour ingame? increase the price of OP items? "revamp" the file?

Yeh everyone likes a shoot out but it seems to be the more shoot outs the more people leave, the more things we increase the price on or remove, the more players leave.

Anyone else see a pattern?

• Like Like x 3
  12. Why don't we replace all weapons with water pistols whilst we are at it

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  13. Agreed. Add Water Balloons too.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. just in response to this

I have submitted the below suggestions. I have been told by senior staff before to not post suggestions in the general discussion, but since you've thought that I haven't suggested a way to fix the problem, here's evidence to prove you wrong.

you posted your suggestions after your rant so thank you for your suggestions and we will look into these

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. U know what since we are at it why dont we just make it so civs have to grind 794 hours to get 100k then make the weapon prices 10 mill for a smg and then make them only have lvl 1 armour and only wear shorts and t-shirts also increase the prison time to 6969 hours for attempted murder.Oh and almost forgot if someone has rdmd a cop then perma ban them send them to hell.

• Love Love x 1
  16. wizz i like water ballons :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  17. +1

• Like Like x 2
  18. I would like to see Nerf guns added

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1

19. +1

• Like Like x 1